Thursday, January 29, 2009

Creamy Chicken and Rice

2 c. uncooked white rice
2 cans cream of chicken soup, condensed
2 c. water
1 envelope onion soup mix, divided
4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In a bowl, combine rice, chicken soup, water, and half the onion soup mix. Spread mixture into a greased 9x13 inch pan. Lay chicken over top. Sprinkle remaining onion soup mix over chicken. Cover and back 2 hours. Makes 4-6 servings.

*Can also be baked at 300 degrees for 3 hours.

I got this recipe from: 101 Things to do with a casserole.
This was the first time I had tried this and it wasn't too bad. I will definitely make it again except for next time I will add the water in the right place. I forgot about adding the water and didn't remember until it had been cooking for over an hour. I also used cream of celery soup instead of cream of chicken but it didn't really make much of a difference. I think this casserole would be good with cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, or cream of celery. Here are some pictures of the final product.




No comments:

Post a Comment