Monday, April 6, 2009

Granola

I remember having this granola growing up and it was so good. My mom would always tell us to just get a little bit because once we added milk it would grow and we would never finish our bowl. I remember a lot of times I didn't listen and it took me forever to eat my bowl of granola. So word of the wise when eating this don't put too much in your bowl if you have it with milk it expands.

10 c. regular oats
1 c. oconut
2 c. roasted sunflower seeds
1 c. sesame seeds
2 c. nuts
1 c. powdered milk
1 1/2 c. brown sugar
1 1/2 c. water
1 1/2 c. oil
1/2 c. honey
1/2 c. molasses
1 1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
3 tsp. vanilla

Combine first 6 ingredients in large bowl. In saucepan, combine sugar, water, oil, honey, molasses, salt, cinnamon and vanilla. Heat until sugar is dissolved. Pour sugar mixture over dry ingredients. Stir until well coated. Spread in pans. Bake 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Bake 15 minutes longer if cruchier texture desired. Cool. Add raisins or other dried fruit if desired. Store in covered container. Enjoy. It's very good with cheerios as well as strawberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment