Sunday, April 25, 2010

Slow Cooke Pulled Jerk Pork Sandwiches

This was my first time making pulled pork sandwiches but I've wanted to make some for a long time. This was a recipe that I just found off the interne and wrote it down because it looked so easy. I finally made an attempt and the results were amazing. Blake loved it and wanted me to make more. Pictures coming the next time I make it.

1 Boneless pork shoulder
1 Tbsp. Jamaican jerk seasoning (dry)
1/4 ts. dried thyme leaves
1 med. onion, chopped (1/2 c.)
1 c. cola
2 c. BBQ Sauce

Spray slow cooker with cooking spray. Remove fat from pork. Rub jerk seasoning over pork; sprinkle with hyme. Place pork in slow cooker. Sprinkle with onion. Pour cola over pork.
Cover; cook on low heat for 8-10 hrs. Remove pok from slow cooker; reserve 1/2 c. juices. Use 2 forks to pull pork into shreds. Place back in slow cooker. Stir in BBQ sauce. Increase to high. Cover; cook 30-45 min. Spoon onto buns.

No comments:

Post a Comment